thankful

Friday, November 11, 2016

Never in a million years did I think I would be dating someone in the military. Both of us fly back and forth monthly to see each other. When I first dropped Jordan at the air port, I thought I was going to be a big girl and not cry. I cried, but I stopped myself because I knew things would work out. God has a plan for both of us and I know that if I put my faith and trust in him- it'll all work out! 

Jordan, you leaving has shown me things; things I never knew about myself. Thanks to you, I learned that I am strong, and I am powerful. I am a big girl who can stand on her own two feet and doesn't need her hand held. This doesn't mean I don't need you, because I do. I need you to open the pickle jar because the lid is on a little too tight, and I need you to kill the spiders because I'm a huge chicken when it comes to insects. But next time I fall I won't need you to pick me up again; I can do it on my own. I am independent. 
I want to thank you for showing me what love is meant to be. Distance in a relationship is a tough adversity to overcome, but it shows you what you really want. I know that what I want is you. I want you in any way, shape, or form. The thought of you getting injured makes me sick to my stomach, but I would still be here waiting for you. 
Thank you for making me feel special. Despite the fact I only see you here and there, you always know what to say to put a smile on my face. I don’t even have to tell you something is wrong anymore, you just know. You know how to make me feel like one in a million even when I don’t deserve it. 
Finally, I want to thank you for the biggest thing of all you do; serving our country. Thank you for fighting, not just for me, but for everyone. You defend millions of people you don't even know. You keep our country safe. You stop the bad guys, and you are a hero. When I call you a hero, you get all cute and say, "You only say that because you're my girlfriend," and maybe that is true. However, you'd be my hero no matter what your profession was. Car salesman, teacher, airman, it doesn't matter. You are amazing to me. 
I would also like to take this time to tell you I’m proud of you. You may think you haven't done anything for me to be proud of, but you are so wrong. I'm proud of you for deciding to leave everything to serve your country. For being ready to sacrifice everything for the ones you love. I'm so proud of everything you have accomplished. 
I love you, Jordan.

1 comment:

  1. Sienna is the love of my life! The day I met her, I knew there was something special about her! After only 2 weeks, I fell in love with her. It was much like a Nicholas sparks story to say the least. Our story summarizes into a story like this…….Once upon a time, there was a military man on leave for only 2 weeks. Little did he know, he would end up finding the perfect girl, spending every waking moment with her, and falling in love. Sadly, the two weeks flew by and he had to report back for duty. They didn’t know how it would work between them but were willing to give it a shot. Why? Because they loved each other. The distance only mattered if they let it. And in their case, it only brought them closer and strengthened their relationship beyond that of couples that were more fortunate with living close to each other. Throughout the next couple month’s they consistently flew back and forth to be by each other’s side. They could not even begin to imagine how life would be if they couldn't be together. They went through countless hardships but fought for their love with everything they had! They would give all they had to be with each other. Each time they said goodbye, they knew it would not be for long. After 4 months of some various hardships , making beautiful memories, and falling more and more in love, they knew that the time was right to get engaged and start preparing for marriage. He loved her with every fiber of his being! He knew that she was the one that he wanted to be with forever. Not just in this life, but for eternity. He felt unworthy to ask her to marry him but he would always strive to be the guy she deserved. He wanted to go through life by her side, and grow stronger and stronger as a couple. Each time he thought about various memories, he could only think, ‘and I thought I loved her then.’ Every day his love for her grows stronger and stronger. He would do anything to make her happy. To make her feel special. And to make her feel the love he has for her. Though he isn’t perfect, he believes that their love is perfect. Though he doesn’t believe in perfect circumstances, he does believe in being perfect for each other. She saves him each and every day. His heart beats and skips for her. He is ready to share all that he has with her. She is the sweetest girl he has ever met! Though It’s nowhere near as sweet as her, the next clue is waiting for her at one of their favorite places to satisfy their sweet tooth’s! (Remember when I rested my hand on your leg for the first time? And you were freaking out inside? Yeah, go there. Get yourselves some deliciousness and they will give you your next clue! And yes, bring the whole crew! The card is good to go!)

    ReplyDelete